Have You Submitted Your Annual Report to Immigration?

Have You Submitted Your Annual Report to Immigration? You have until March 1, 2019. The Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)  has warned registered foreign nationals who don’t.  Consequently, those who fail to submit their annual report to the agency this year will face sanctions.

Warning from the Commissioner

Two months is a long time,” said BI Commissioner Jaime Morente.

“There is no reason for foreigners to miss the annual report. Those who will fail to comply will be sanctioned,” he added.

1950 Alien Registration Act

Under the 1950 Alien Registration Act, Morente said registered foreigners are required to report to the agency.

Non-compliance may result in fines and the cancellation of their registration.

Morente explained that the said act requires all BI-registered aliens “to report to the BI main office in Intramuros, Manila or the nearest participating BI field, satellite or extension office from their place within the first 60 days of every calendar year.”

Here’s what you need when you report:

  • His/her original alien certificate of registration identity card (ACR I-Card)

  • Valid passport

  • Pay a P300 annual report fee and P10 legal research fee

BI-registered aliens refers to resident foreign nationals who have been issued immigrant or non-immigrant visas and are holders of the ACR I-Card, Morente noted.

“Foreigners who are out of the country during the annual reporting period may make the report within 30 days from the date of their return to the country, provided they have valid re-entry permits,” he added.

While foreigners below 14 years old are exempted from reporting personally to the immigration office, the BI said it will be the duty of their parent or guardian to report to the agency on their behalf.

Aliens below 14 years old are exempted from personal appearance and it shall be the duty of their parent or guardian to make the report on their behalf.

Senior Citizens Exemption

Senior citizens aged 65 years old and above are likewise exempted, but are nevertheless required to pay the fees and fill out the form.

First of all, what form?

I’m an old geezer above the age of 65.  While I don’t mind shelling out a measly 310 pesos, about six US dollars, I didn’t know what form the BI press release was referencing.

So I tried calling my local BI Office in Iloilo City at the number listed on the Immigration website: Direct Line(s): (033) 336-9603.

I dialed the number. The phone rang. And rang. No one ever answered during a 30-minute period which began around 2:45 Thursday afternoon, January 3rd.

I tried the number for the Dumaguete Immigration Field Office

Direct Line(s): (035) 225-4401. They hung up on me after one ring.

On a roll, I attempted to dial the Cebu City Office. Don’t bother. Both numbers listed are for a fax machine.

Finally, I tried the Bacolod Immigration Field Office.

A pleasant-sounding lady answered my call after only one ring. I was impressed!

The informative and helpful Bacolod BI official informed me that there was no form needed.

As long as someone brought along my ACR-I Card, passport, prior Annual Report receipt, and payment for 310 pesos, I didn’t have to appear in person. If this was not my first visit to BI to file my report, I didn’t need to come in person.

So there you have it. A BIG THANK to the Bacolod City Immigration Field Office for answering their phone and helping me out.

For you other Crusty Old Expats out there that find it difficult to get around, this is a handy piece of information that might help you out.

What? Have I filed yet? Nope, but I’m planning to go to Immigration early this February. Currently, the annual  Dinagyang Festival began with an “Opening Salvo” last Friday and runs through January 27th.

I’m not going anywhere near our local office in Iloilo City until the festival is over.


error: Content is protected !!