Immigration Law in Philippines May Be Updated

The Philippine Immigration Act of 1940  needs to be updated.  House Speaker Feliciano Belmonte Jr. recently expressed his desire to have the current immigration law in the Philippines conform with the requirements of national security and economic development.

Read moreImmigration Law in Philippines May Be Updated

New Requirements for 13a Permanent Visa

a immigration philippines

The 13a Permanent Resident Visa. In the opinion of Gary Wigle and myself, along with other American expats, this visa is the cheapest, most hassle-free visa a person who intends to retire and live in the Philippines can obtain. Of course, your spouse has to be Filipino in order to sponsor you for it, but once you have the 13a,  living in the Philippines becomes that much easier.  

Read moreNew Requirements for 13a Permanent Visa

I’m a Registered Alien in the Philippines.

Visited the local Philippine Immigration Office in Iloilo City this past Thursday to register as an Alien in the Philippines. Here's the official notice from the Immigration website:


NOTICE is hereby given to All registered foreign nationals, immigrant or non-immigrant, resident or non-resident visa holders all over the Philippines, that you are required to report in person, pursuant to Section 10 of the Alien Registration Act of 1950, within the first sixty (60) days of CY 2011 at the Alien Registration Division (ARD), Bureau of Immigration, Manila, or at the Immigration District/Subport/Field/Satellite office nearest your place of residence.
Any of the following documents shall be presented by the registered foreigner during the Annual Report (AR): 1. Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) / or ACR I-Card; 2. Certificate of Residence (CR); or 3. Official Receipts (O.R.) covering previous payment of AR fee. An Annual Report fee of P300.00 and P10.00 Legal Research fee shall be paid by the foreigner.alien space troopers

Read moreI’m a Registered Alien in the Philippines.