From the Midwest redneck author of "The Rooster Crows at 4am!," "Lizard Poop!," and "The Philippines Expat Advisor"
My Twin Nieces Are Searching for Single Guys on Cherry Blossoms
My 19-year-old twin nieces, April and Michelle, have been searching for single guys on the Cherry Blossoms dating website. Whenever I get off the computer sometime in the late afternoon, I always ask them if they want to use the computer. It's like asking a crackhead if they want more crack. Of course they do!
They've got to check out the latest useless chatter on Facebook, look at their email, and see if they have any messages from single guys on Cherry Blossoms .
So I go into the kitchen to ask April, who is preparing a vegetable dish for lunch, some questions about her Cherry Blossoms experience. Here's some of that conversation:
- "So how's your chatting on Cherry Blossoms going?" I ask.
- "Fine," was April's reply.
- "How many guys have you been chatting with?" I inquire.
- "Five guys the other night," my niece replied.
- "What countries are they from?" I ask.
- "The United States and Britain," was her answer.
- "Only those countries?" I query.
- "Maryland," she answered.
- "Maryland is a state IN the United States," I informed her. "What other country?"
- "California," she answered.
- "California is a state, too, in America. No other countries?"
- "No," she responded.
- "How old are these guys?" as I continue my grilling.
- "41, 42, 44, in their forties," she said.
- "What do they ask you? I wonder.
- "How old I am? Where do I work? Do I have a webcam?" is her reply.
- "Did you tell them your Dad (the girls call me "Dad") is too cheap to buy a webcam? I said. "If they don't want to chat with you, that's too bad. I'm not buying one."
She doesn't reply so I end my interrogation. It's getting too hot in the kitchen. I wander back to my fan stationed at my computer desk. April's twin sister, Michelle, is at her computer class, so I guess my inquisition will continue when she comes home. Hopefully her sister will not alert her to the fact that I'll be doing some intensive quizzing about Cherry Blossoms so I don't get some prepared answers.
Michelle gets home. She's only been chatting with two guys. One from Canada and one from the United States. One guy is 43 and the other is in his fifties. They don't mind if she doesn't have a web cam. That's about all the details I could pry from her. But all in all, it sounds like the girls have had a positive experience with the dating website and that's good to hear.
April was back on the computer early in the afternoon as I quit "work" early. Along with sister Michelle, they were online about five hours until I finally booted them off at 6 pm. It was dinner time. Michelle had had been on the Internet before her April doing "homework." When I went into my room to get something, I saw she was on Cherry Blossoms.
"Oh, I see you're doing homework on Cherry Blossoms" I said in a sarcastic tone.
"I am, Dad, I am. I'm just checking to see if I have any new messages first," she replied.
(Pia Hontiveros Photo Source: entertainment.inquirer.net)
The show is done mainly in English and to be honest, I don't mind watching the lovely Pia Hontiveros do the news. She's smart and asks some tough questions in her interviews, but not as tough as when I interrogate my two nieces!